1) World Beer Festival — 1 p.m. Saturday, North Coast Harbor Dock 32, Cleveland Browns North Parking Lot, Cleveland. $40, www.worldbeerfestival.com
YEAH BEER! For your 40 bucks you get a tasting glass and 40 taste tickets for 2 oz. samples of more than 200 world-class beers. Sounds like heaven to me.
2) African Connection, 7:30 tonight, Uncorked Wine Bar, 22 N. High St., Akron. Free, 330-374-1850
This should be a cool evening of African music. I honestly don't know much about this group other than the members are originally from the landlocked country of Burkina Faso. Presumably their music reflects their culture, which should be interesting to anyone interested in what’s going on musically in the rest of the world. Plus, it’s a free show, so it won’t cost you nothin’ to get a little culture.
3) Jonas Brothers, 7 p.m., Tuesday, July 16, Blossom Music Center, 1145 W. Steels Corners Road, Cuyahoga Falls, $33-$105, www.livenation.com
That's right the JBs are back on the road and one could surmise that this tour will be very telling for their future as a band. They are on the road with a new single and are about to record their first self-produced, self-released album as a group of young men. Of course the entire tour will be synergistically chronicled on E! channel's reality show “Married to Jonas.”
4) Massillon Museum’s Island Party — 5:30 p.m. Friday on the museum’s lawn, 121 Lincoln Way E. Free. www.massillonmuseum.org.
There will be (presumably island-themed) food and beverages starting around 6 p.m. which gives you an hour to get juiced up for the 7 p.m. start time of musical guest Carlos Jones and the P.L.U.S. Band
5) 10th Annual Community Outreach Festival, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. today through Sunday, ball park at 1175 S. Hawkins Ave., Akron.
There will be carnival rides, car show, Gospel Fest on Sunday and performances by PolymerCityRecords.com Label and Promotions R&B, gospel and rap artists.