1) Todd Rundgren with the Akron Symphony Orchestra and Akron Youth Symphony, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Akron Civic Theatre, 182 S. Main St., $25-$200, 330-253-2488, www.akroncivic.com
An Evening With Todd Rundgren, 8 p.m. Sunday, the Kent Stage, 175 E. Main St., $36-$41; 330-677-5005, www.thekent stage.com
It’s a two-day Todd twofer! Actually, it’s a threefer because Rundgren already brought his “State” tour to the Kent Stage earlier this year. For this run, Rundgren will perform orchestrated versions of classics and a few surprises at the Civic. The following day, Rundgren will perform a more traditional “greatest hits”-style set of his classic tunes.
2) Fourth annual Made in Ohio Art & Craft Festival, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Hale Farm & Village, 2686 Oak Hill Road, Bath Township, $5, www.wrhs.org
It’s pretty simple. It’s more than 100 vendors selling and producing arts, crafts and foods all from the Buckeye state in tents spread throughout the farm/village grounds. A bucolic setting for consuming.
3) Community Day, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Hill’s Temple First Born Church, 799 S. Arlington St., free.
Come on down and mingle with your fellow community members. A fun day of food, face painting, costumed characters, raffles, free hair cuts (!) and a few fun contests, including best baked goods and jump rope.
4) Radio Airplay Recording Session, 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Orange Room at 68 W. Exchange St., Akron, free, 330-535-6808 for seating reservations, www.Facebook.com/PCRlabelandpromotions
This semi-acoustic concert featuring local singer/songwriter Roger McClain and the Livewires will be recorded for broadcast on local folk/bluegrass Internet show Twistin’ Tom Radio found at TwistinTomRadio.com
5) Doris Long with Joe Hunter, 7:30-10:30 p.m., Pub Bricco, 1841 Merriman Road, free, www.pubbricco.com, 330-869-0035
An evening with a couple of Cleveland-area veterans. Long is an 83-year-old vocalist who still maintains a regular Friday night gig at the Waterbury Coach House in Cleveland and Hunter has been tickling the blues and jazz ivories around Cleveland since the 1980s. They will be joined by a bassist.