1. Bon Jovi, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Quicken Loans Arena, Ontario Street and Huron Road, Cleveland; $19.50-$129.50, 888-894-9424, www.theQarena.com.
Bon Jovi has a new album due Tuesday, but the band really doesn’t need it to fill arenas. Expect new tunes and a lot of old hits.
2. Denise “The Voice” Russell: My Life Under the Lavender Lights, 3:30 p.m. today, Kent State University Stark Campus, Main Hall Auditorium, 6000 Frank Ave. NW, Jackson Township, Free. 330-499-9600, www.stark.kent.edu/about/diversity.
Kent State's celebration of diversity includes a show and a Q&A with Russell, who has 30-plus years as a female impersonator and performer.
3. 32nd annual St. Patrick’s Day Akron Parade, noon Saturday, Main and Exchange streets, free, 330-882-3174.
This family-friendly parade is always a good time. This year's theme: The Irish Proudly Honor Our Men and Women in Uniform.
4. Ninth annual Rock the Runway Student Fashion Competition, 7 p.m.. Saturday, Kent State University Student Center Ballroom, Summit Street, free, www.kent.edu/kscprogramming.
Kent State gives its student fashionistas a chance to shine in this “Hip Hop House Party”-themed runway show.
5. Animal Collective with Dan Deacon, 7:30 p.m., Monday, March 11, House of Blues Cleveland, 308 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, $22.50-$32.50, (216) 523-2583.
The Grog Shop teams up with the House of Blues to present this popular psychedelic freak-folk outfit from Baltimore/New York. The adventurous
quartet will perform music from their 2012 album “Centipede HZ.” and other hits from their 10 album catalog.