1. Bernard Purdie & Friends featuring Larry Coryell and David Garfield, 8 and 10 p.m. Saturday, Nighttown, 12387 Cedar Road, Cleveland Heights, $25, 216-795-0531, www.nighttowncleveland.com.
Drum legend Bernard Purdie, aka The Hitmaker, has played with an amazing array of musicians including Steely Dan (that’s his famous much imitated “Purdie shuffle” on “Babylon Sisters”), Dizzy Gillespie, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Miles Davis and Todd Rundgren to name just a few. For this tour, he’s bringing along Larry Coryell, another session god and legendary guitarist. It should be a funky good time.
2. Globetrotters’ You Write the Rules World Tour — 7 tonight, Canton Memorial Civic Center, 1101 Market Ave. N. $23-$68. 330-489-3090.
The world-famous Harlem Globetrotters — the clown princes and princesses of basketball — are bringing their b-ball antics and wholesome family fun to Canton. Maybe the Washington Generals will win this time.
3. Agatha Christie’s Black Coffee, 8 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays, 2:30 p.m. Sundays through Feb. 17, Coach House Theatre, 732 W. Exchange St., Akron, $18, $12 students, 330-434-7741.
The famed mystery writer’s debut stage play features one of her most enduring characters, the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, his buddy Arthur Hastings, a stolen formula and a dead body. Good times.
4. Les Miserables, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday-Feb. 10, Palace Theatre at PlayhouseSquare, 1615 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, $10-$95, 216-241-6000, 866- 546-1353.
Fresh off the heels of the successful, saliva-flying, major-motion-picture adaptation of the musical comes the musical in a spiffed up, refurbished and redesigned production with all the same great songs and drama.
5. Super Bowl XLVII, 6:30 p.m. Sunday, your local CBS station (you ain’t gettin’ tickets), www.nfl.com.
Sure, you could sit at home and watch the Browns not play in the Big Game for the umpteenth season or you could go to a friend’s house or a fun bar and just enjoy the atmosphere. Yeah, Beyonce is going to perform the halftime show and Destiny’s Child will reunite (briefly) but most importantly … GO NINERS!!!