1. Third annual Stone Soul Ball, 7 p.m. Saturday, Italian Center Ballroom, 134 E. Tallmadge Ave., Akron, $20, $30 for two, $25 at the door, (330) 762-4076, (330) 869-0023, (330) 701-3946.
Local musician and DIY promoter Gary Oliver returns with the 2014 iteration of his Stone Soul Ball, featuring his family band, the Relatively Jammin’ Blue Band, featuring singer and “Akron’s own Queen of the Blues” Marilyn Oliver. DJ Silk will be the evening’s emcee and there will be contests including the best dressed and down-home singing contests.
2. Asif Ali Khan, 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Gartner Auditorium at the Cleveland Museum of Art, 11150 East Blvd., $29-$45, www.clevelandart.org, 216-421-7350, 888-CMA-0033.
A leading light in contemporary devotional qawwali music, Khan was hailed by the late master himself, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, as one of his best students. Khan’s soaring voice floats above his accompaniment of call-and-response choruses, rhythmic hand claps, percussion and harmonium.
3. Sinbad, 7 and 9 p.m., Saturday, Tangier, 532 W. Market St., Akron, $35-$60, 330-376-7171, www.thetangier.com.
Hardworking comic and actor Sinbad brings his family-friendly comedic stylings back to Akron for two shows.
4. The Sing-Off Live Tour, 8 p.m., Friday, State Theatre, 1519 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, $10-$39.50, 216-241-6000, 866-546-1353.
The popular television singing competition hits the road, featuring its most recent winner, Home Free, along with other Season 4 favorites: The Filharmonic, VoicePlay and special guests Street Corner Symphony. Each group will sing the songs that got them to the finals, along with a few group numbers.
5. Mushroomhead, 6:30 p.m., Saturday, Agora Ballroom, 5000 Euclid Ave. Cleveland, $20, $24 day of show, 216-881-2221, www.clevelandagora.com.
The venerated Cleveland industrial metal band celebrated its 20th anniversary in late 2013. This show comes as the band is set to release its eighth magnum opus, “The Righteous & the Butterfly” in May. Also on the bill are Erasing Never, Sykosis, Hysteria and Kevlar.