1. Patrick Sweany Band, 9 p.m. Friday, Musica, 51 E. Market St., Akron, $10, http://liveatmusica.com
Former Massillonian singer/songwriter/guitarist who has been living in Nashville for several years returns to his old stomping grounds to play his brand of classic rock ’n’ soul heard on his 2013 album “Close to the Floor” and blues. Local band the Whiskey Daredevils will open the evening.
2. The Hard May on Purpose, 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, the Happy Dog, 5801 Detroit Ave., Cleveland, free, http://www.happydogcleveland.com/; 216-651-9474
Former Beacon Journal columnist now increasingly celebrated author David Giffels will be combining his love of the written word (especially his own) and his love of rock ’n’ roll with readings from his new, critically heralded book “The Hard Way on Purpose” backed by his own power-pop band the May Company.
3. Sinbad, 7 and 9 p.m. Sunday at Tangier, 532 W. Market St., Akron. $34-$60, www.thetangier.com; 330-376-7171
Yep, he’s back. Long running veteran comedian Sinbad returns to Akron for an evening of clean comedy stylings.
4. Wesley Bright & the Hi-Lites, 9 p.m. Sunday, Beachland Ballroom and Tavern, 15711 Waterloo, Cleveland, $10, www.beachlandballroom.com; 216-383-1124
Local retro-soul big band continues bringing the sound of Northern Soul to the Northeast. Also on the bill are openers the Modern Electric and DJ ALR!TE who will be spinning 45s all night long.
5. I-X Indoor Amusement Park, 3-9 p.m. today, 3-10 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, April 18 and 19; 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sundays and April 14-17 through April 20 at the I-X Center, 6200 Riverside Drive, Cleveland. $18.99, $69 for Family Fun Pack, www.ixamusementpark.com
The indoor amusement park’s season is drawing to a close. Pretty soon you’ll have to go outside for proper family fun.