1) Dave Koz and Friends Christmas Tour 2013, 7:30 p.m. Friday, PlayhouseSquare Palace Theatre, 1615 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, $10, $35, $50 and $65. 216-241-6000 or www.playhousesquare.org.
This annual tour by smooth jazz saxophonist Koz is wildly popular ’round these parts. This year’s edition features special guests singer Oleta Adams, singer/guitarist Jonathan Butler and fusion/new age pianist Keiko Matsui.
2) Missle Toe with the Giggitys and Choking Susan, 9 p.m., Friday Annabell’s Bar & Lounge, 784 W. Market St, free, (330) 535-1112
The world’s “greatest Christmas Band” has been playing its punked-up takes on classic and not-so-classic holiday tunes for so long it could have performed at one of J.C.’s actual birthday parties. Missle Toe is a lot of fun, and with the hard-charging Giggitys and Detroit’s Choking Susan, it should be a fun night for moshing to “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.”
3) Jim Brickman: The Magic of Christmas, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, PlayhouseSquare Palace Theatre, 1615 Euclid Ave., Cleveland. $10-$75. 216-241-6000, 866-546-1353, www.playhousesquare.org.
Cleveland homeboy and all-around nice guy applies his soothing pop piano stylings to holiday music. … Detecting a theme here, yet?
4) Light Up Downtown, 5:30-8:30 p.m. today, downtown Canton. Free, www.lightupdowntown.com
Sixteen city blocks will be teeming with entertainment including an appearance by Christopher Pop-in-Kins in a musical stage show, fireworks and a visit from Santa. (How come it’s never a visit from Jesus? Hey kids, come sit on Jesus’ lap and tell him what you want for his birthday!” Oh wait, nevermind.) All told, more than 100 local performers will entertain any and all comers.
5) Swim With Santa, 5:30 p.m. Friday at the Cuyahoga Falls Natatorium, 2345 Fourth St., Children ages 3-7 $5, 2 and under free, www.cityofcf.com/parksandrec.
This night promises jingle bells in the pool that can be redeemed for gifts. Also, a swim-savvy Santa will be on hand for kids ages 7 and under (Sorry, Santa-loving 8-year-olds!).