1. Cleveland Comedy Jam, 7 p.m. Friday, PlayhouseSquare State Theatre, 1519 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, $46.25-$73.75. www.play housesquare.org. 216-241-6000, 866-546-1353.
It's another star-studded comedy jam featuring popular stand-ups Bruce Bruce, Sommore, Dominique, Joe Torry and Gary Owen.
2. Hard Day’s Night, 8 p.m., Saturday, the Kent Stage, 175 E. Main St., $15-$18, www.thekentstage.com.
This show commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Beatles’ first visit to America is part of the two-day Kent Beatlefest (www.kentbeatlefest.com). In addition to the show and some viewing of rare Beatles-related films at the Kent Stage, there will also be British Invasion-era music performed at 12 venues in downtown Kent. Performers include Colin Dussault’s Beatles Project, Abbey Road, the Liverpool Lads, Cats on Holiday and Ryan Humbert.
3. Dance Theatre of Harlem, 8 p.m. Tuesday, Akron Civic Theatre, 182 S. Main St. $15-$55. 330-253-2488, 800-745-3000 or www.akroncivic.com.
The Dance Theatre of Harlem returns to Northeast Ohio to help celebrate the Youth Excellence Performing Arts Workshop’s (YEPAW) 25th anniversary.
4. Family Fun Day with the Akron RubberDucks, 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the Akron Civic Theatre, 182 S. Main St. $5 per person or $20 for the whole family. Free admission with a can of food per person 330-253-2488, 800-745-3000, www.akroncivic.com.
The food donations go to Harvest for Hunger and the event will have interactive stations in the lobby that will presumably include at least a few players as well as hot dogs and other baseball-park-style refreshments for purchase.
5. Mountain Rose presents the Up River Duo, 6:30 p.m. Sunday at the Roy Smith Shelter House of Fred Fuller Park, 497 Middlebury Road, Kent, $7, 330-733-8845, www.twistintomradio.com.
Acoustic music lover and Internet radio host Twistin' Tom Ball welcomes Dan Moorefield and Teresa Morrison, who will perform some old-time music from the Eastern Mountains and the American Civil War.