1. All-City Musical: Ragtime, 7:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Akron Civic Theatre, 182 S. Main St., Akron. $10-$25. 330-253-2488, www.akroncivic.com.
The award-winning Broadway musical rendered by the talented students of Akron and Summit County schools.
2. 56th annual Classic, Antique & Collector Car Show, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, 714 N. Portage Path, Akron. $12, $5 ages 6-17. 330-836-5533 or www.stanhywet.org.
This Father’s Day tradition will feature classic, antique and collector cars in 27 classes, which, if you’re a car enthusiast, surely has you all hot and bothered.
3. Summit County Historical Society Civil War 150th Commemorative Event, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Perkins Stone Mansion, 550 Copley Road, Akron. Free. 330-535-1120 or www.summithistory.org.
The 29th Ohio Volunteer Infantry will host a Civil War encampment on the front lawn of the mansion, aiming to give visitors a living-history look at marching, terrible food and other camp activities of the era.
4. 50 Shades! The Musical, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, E.J. Thomas Hall, 198 Hill St., Akron. $26.50-$47.50. 800-745-3000, www.ticketmaster.com.
This musical parodies the much discussed, wildly popular, erotic book series using nine actors, 11 original songs and full dance numbers augmented by a live band. It’s still not for kids, nor folks who find jokes and songs about being tied up, spanked and signing sex contracts a bit too racy.
5. Leon Russell, 8 tonight, the Kent Stage, 174 E. Main St., Kent. $31-$36. 330-677-5005, www.thekentstage.com.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, singer/songwriter and sideman returns to his Northeast Ohio home at the Kent Stage.