1. Phil Keaggy and Michael Card Holiday Concert, 7 p.m. Saturday, Cuyahoga Falls High School auditorium, 2300 Fourth St. $20-$40. 855-223-1008 or go to http://event.attendstar.com/event/show/celebrate-christmas-with-michael-card-and-phil-keaggy/.
Ohio singer, songwriter and awesome acoustic guitarist Phil Keaggy, who received the ASCAP Golden Note Award at the 35th Annual Christian Music Awards this spring, joins forces with songwriter/author Michael Card, augmented by a choir and a string quartet for an evening of Christmas tunes.
2. Jingle Bell Swing, 8 p.m. Thursday, Akron Civic Theatre, 182 S. Main St., Akron. $25 or two for $40. 330-253-2488 or www.akroncivic.com.
Lively jazz singer Helen Welch, along with pianist Rock Wehrmann, bassist Bryan Thomas and drummer Chris Baker, will regale folks at the Civic’s cabaret setup with jazzy, swingin’ renditions of holiday favorites.
3. Jingle Jazz featuring the Boston Brass, 3 p.m. Sunday at E.J. Thomas Hall, 198 Hill St., University of Akron. $12, $6 non-UA students, free for UA students with ZipCard. 330-972-7570 or www.uaevents.com.
Another evening of cool holiday-themed jazz featuring the Boston Brass and two respected local cats, trumpeter/educator Jack Schantz and pianist Joe Augustine.
4. Canton Ballet: The Nutcracker, 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday, Canton Palace Theatre, 605 Market Ave. N. $18-$22; $14-$18 seniors; $8-$10 children. 330-455-7220 or www.cantonballet.com.
Well, it’s “The Nutcracker.”
5. Wesley Bright & the Hi-Lites and the Mighty Soul Tornadoes: A Holiday Northern Soul Dance Craze!, 9 p.m., Saturday, Musica, 51 E. Market St., Akron. $7. http://liveatmusica.com.
The funky local retro-soul big band is going to help everyone have a soulful Christmas, with the help of the DJ collective Mighty Soul Tornadoes.