1) Bobby Slayton, 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Hilarities 4th St. Theatre, 2035 E. Fourth St., Cleveland. $20-$25, 216-736-4242, www.pickwickandfrolic.com.
Even though the “Pitbull of Comedy” and Cable Ace award winner has been doing stand-up for three decades and has appeared on television shows and in films, including “Family Guy,” “Dreamgirls” and ‘‘Politically Incorrect,” his attitude has not brightened. Both of Slayton's Saturday shows will be recorded for an upcoming cable television special, “No More Mr. Nice Guy.”
2) The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will present The Rolling Stones: 50 Years of Satisfaction at the museum at 100 Rock and Roll Blvd, Cleveland, $18-$22, 216-781-7625, www.RockHall.com.
While the exhibit doesn't open until May 24 (I can't wait to see Charlie Watts' mariachi shirt from 1975), the rock hall wants YOU to be a part of the “fan-generated interactive exhibition” — visitors and fans will be able to upload their original images to Twitter and Instagram via #rockhallsatisfaction starting Monday. The fan-generated content will be a featured part of the physical exhibit as well as the online portion.
3) Mothers Day Brunch Buffet, 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, the Tangier, 532 W. Market St., Akron. $12.99-$24.99, 330-376-7171, www.thetangier.com.
Full disclosure time: I've been to Tangier's Mother's Day brunch and not with my mother. It's a delicious and pleasant way to spend an afternoon with mom and/or loved ones noshing on carved honey baked ham with spicy mustard, roasted pork loin, meatless lasagna Florentine and a variety of salads. Yum.
4) Mother's Day at Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, (admission closes at 4:30 p.m.), Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, 714 N. Portage Path, Akron. $14, $6 for youths 6 to 17, FREE! for mothers, 330-836-5533
In honor of Mother's Day, Stan Hywet has invited all mothers to enjoy their grounds for free. The visit includes a self-conducted tour of the 65-room mansion, conservatory and grounds.
5) Aziz Ansari, 7 p.m. Sunday, Palace Theatre at Playhouse Square, 1615 Euclid Ave., Cleveland. $35-$45, 216-241-6000, 866-546-1353.
Hot stand-up comedian Ansari's Q rating has risen sharply. He can be seen weekly on the NBC sitcom “Parks & Recreation,” and he appeared in the 2011 comedy “30 Minutes or Less.” He hosted the 2010 MTV Movie Awards and his self-financed online special and tour “Dangerously Delicious” was a rousing success. So much so, that Rolling Stone magazine placed him on the cover of its comedy issue and named him one of the funniest people under 30.