1) Jazz and Wine Total Experience Presents: The Harvest Jazz Concert! 7 p.m., Saturday. Holiday Inn, 4073 Medina Road, Bath Township. $15 advance, $20 door, 330-554-3481, www.livemusicsets.com.
The monthly jazz and wine experience continues with … umm … live jazz and plenty of wine. Providing the jazz will be smooth jazz quartet Hubb’s Groove with special guest vocalist, former “American Idol” contestant and Beachwood native Stephen Fowler.
2) B.E. Mann, 5:30-7:30 p.m. today, Zar Nightclub, 22 E. Exchange St., Akron, free, 330-253-9272
Local reggae/dancehall singer/producer/disc jockey B.E. Mann is celebrating 25 years of performing and releasing around 173 albums (give or take a few) with a happy hour show at a downtown club where happy hour lasts 10 hours … seriously, 11 a.m.- 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
3) Pete Correale, 7:30 p.m. tonight-Sunday, Cleveland Improv, 1148 Main Ave., Cleveland.
This stand-up dude was recently co-signed by Entertainment Weekly as one of the top 10 comics to watch. He’s been on Leno and Letterman and recently recorded his first stand-up special for Comedy Central, “The Things We Do for Love,” so he should have plenty of fresh material. Quick poll, how many jokes will he get into his set before he starts on the election?
4) The Monkees, 8 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 17, Lakewood Civic Auditorium, 14100 Franklin on the Campus of Lakewood High School, $40-$100, 216-529-4081.
The demise of Davy Jones coupled with Mike Nesmith’s sudden desire to play “What Am I Doing Hanging ’Round” with Peter Tork and Mickey Dolenz has inspired the three remaining members of the PreFab Four to hit the road. From the reviews I’ve read, the band sounds good and is breaking out the hits as well as deep album cuts and video tributes to Jones.
5) Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, tonight through Sunday, Palace Theatre, 1501 Euclid Ave. Suite 200, Cleveland, $10-$80, 216-241-6000, 866-546-1353.
Shhh … don’t tell anyone, but I never saw “Beauty and the Beast” on the big screen or on the stage. I’m sure it’s fine; Disney’s pretty good at this kind of stuff.